Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Doll Suitcase

Our neighbor, Mrs. Fae, gave Ella a vintage suitcase a while back.  It's so cute, and I've been racking my brain for a way to repurpose.  As luck would have it, I happened upon a blog http://hartandsew.blogspot.com/2011/11/doll-suitcase-tutorial.html where a creative mom took a green one, like Ella's, and made her daughter a doll suitcase.  And, she included a tutorial!  

I'm certainly not a seamstress, so it took me a bit to figure out the surprisingly detailed process on the tutorial and to machine sew each little decoration onto the removable "wall." 
 
Secret clothes storage space under the floor (can be easily removed by the little blue tab in the back, right corner of the first picture). 

I think Ella will be surprised when she opens it on Christmas morning.  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment