Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Taming the book dragon

Organizing children's books can be a daunting task.  Ella has a pretty well-stocked library, but books are tucked away in closets, baskets, book shelves, book slings, etc.  I made a few previous attempts to organize them--without much success.

Last year, I saw an idea on http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/2011/11/our-school-library.html that peaked my interest. Tonight, while my hubby did dishes, I FINALLY dug in.  It's taking a bit to sort through all the books we've collected over the past several years, but progress is being made.  And, it's not as overwhelming as I thought.  Color coded stickers make it quick and easy to organize, find and replace books.

Project bonus:  Knowing which categories are sufficient and which are lacking.



No comments:

Post a Comment