Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day 2012

The day passed with a nod and a smile, devoid of all the hubbub generally associated with commercial holidays.  Troy and I have a bit of a tradition of "gifting" in non-traditional ways.  Today, "Daddy Troy" was the recipient of gifts from the heart. 
A card she made at school

The poem reads: 

Walk a little slower Daddy said a child so small,
I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall

Sometimes your steps are very fast
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true,
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you.
(author unknown)

She's telling him the story of how Mrs. Tina helped her make her footprints, etc. 
A kiss of gratitude 
What a dad!

Taking Dag on a SLOW hayride
Made its way to the stick...starting its transformation into a chrysalis

No comments:

Post a Comment