Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tropical Birthday "Down in Belize"

Turning 48 in Belize with girlfriends held its own unique charm.  Girlfriends have a way of making you feel on top of the world...of pampering you like crazy...of making you feel like a teenager again.  






 Love how locals repurpose EVERYTHING so creatively.






Birthday fishing trip...
Fishing along the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world!
"Give a man a fish...feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish...feed him for a lifetime." 
A few of our catches... 
It doesn't get any fresher than this...


The best part:  no cooking or clean up!
...and my girlfriends had a surprised dinner prepared for me.


Wanted to bring Gloria home with me...I loved her cooking--and her spirit!
Thanks Karen and Jen for spoiling me on my special day, and thanks honey for the flowers! 
The end of a fun-filled--and very filling week.
Until next time...goodnight Belize!
Jerry Jeff Walker's Island Home

No comments:

Post a Comment