Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Dr. Seuss's One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...

BreakFISH


So much can be done with the Dr. Seuss Books....  Because Ella is so young, I  have to keep it simple to retain her interest.
I cut out the appropriate number/color of fish in the book using construction paper.  It probably wouldn't hurt to glue them to cardboard because they bend easily.  I pushed a metal brad through the eye of the fish so she could fish them out of the "pond" bucket with her magnetic pole.   I also put numbers on each side to practice counting.
I had all the fish in the bucket when I introduced it to her, but will limit the amount next time to focus on the first three rows of fish and corresponding colors; once she's comfortable with those, we'll add more fish in the pond.  She had fun taking the fish off the line and placing them to the side so we could count the number of fish she caught.  
Happy Fishing
Still fishing for the "new" one...the baby fish.  










No comments:

Post a Comment