Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Can't Hardly Playboys

Fun night of live country music (by the Can't Hardly Playboys), dancing, and history at the Cotton Country Club in Granger, Texas.  
Special thanks to our favorite guitarist, Bobby Whitton, for allowing Ella to play on stage with such talented musicians.  What a thrill it was for her to experience--and us to watch.  I actually thought we were headed to a jam session with Bobby and a few others; I didn't realize we were going to a live performance. #momfailornot

She was caught off guard when the club owner handed her his five-string electric fiddle to play--since her four string wasn't mic'd. It took her a few seconds to adjust...and off she went.  Nothing like being on stage, staring out at a crowd, the band playing the intro to your song--and you have an extra string;).  I would have had a video to share, but some older gentleman (dance partner in tow) scooted up to me, handed me his phone and said, "is that your daughter?  That's my favorite song...mind recording for me? So, he has the video;).  

To boot, she's been studying WWII and met an inspiring 94 y/o vet who danced the night away and displayed more energy than all of us combined.  


When we walked out of the club to leave, our 10 y/o said, "wow, that was the best bar I've ever been in." Where is my hand over face emoji when I need it???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment