Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

: : : : : The Day of the Tree : : : : :

: : : : :  The smell of fir needles  : : : : : 
: : : : :  Dashing through the rows of trees  : : : : : 
: : : : :  Puddle jumping  : : : : : 
: : : : :   Disco ball ornament turned microphone  : : : : : 
: : : : :  Playing to the Christmas Tunes  : : : : : 
Out of the blue yesterday, Ella said to Troy and me, "I miss my grandmother and grandfather so much, and I am very sad."  Of course we all cried!  She never had the opportunity to meet my parents--and her time with Troy's was short and sweet.  Little family photo books have been at her fingertips since she was born.  She loves looking at them again and again and hearing silly stories.   As a tribute to her grandparents, we placed four guardian angels on our tree this year.  And of course, she wanted them all facing her bedroom;).  We love her sensitivity and kind spirit!
:  :  :  :  :  A little hootenanny for the grannies--and grampies featuring an out-of-tune bango :  :  :  :  :  
:  :  :  :  :  All the picking and decorating made her tired  :  :  :  :  :  
:  :  :  :  :  and thirsty  :  :  :  :  :  
And so our season and celebration begins!

1 comment:

  1. I love the angels! Mom would have been so excited that she hasn't forget them! I you all.

    ReplyDelete